Basketball To Success Strategy #6 Mirror Affirmations
Typically when people do affirmations, they repeat them over and over. Doing so is somewhat effective, but it can be made much more effective with some simple modifications. This technique will supercharge the efficacy of the affirmations. Instead of using statements beginning with “I,” you will use statement beginning with “you.” These statements are more powerful because they allow your conscious mind to tell you-your unconscious mind - specifically what you want, and how to behave.
Get in front of a mirror, stand with confident physiology and project your intention for these affirmations to change your life. The larger the mirror, the better it is, because you can see more of yourself. With your shoulders back, your head held high, and your stomach sucked in, look yourself squarely in the eye and say the following affirmations:
- “You are unstoppably confident.”
- “You are completely powerful.”
- “You are becoming more and more confident each and every day.”
- “Nothing can stop you.”
- “You go for what you want and you get it.”
Repeat these affirmations to yourself in the mirror until you can totally feel them in your body. Perhaps you’ll see yourself a bit differently, as if you already noticed yourself having more confidence. Or maybe you’ll hear your inner voice speaking forcefully with absolute confidence from within. Do this daily as part of your confidence-building regimen and I can guarantee you will have unstoppable confidence in little time.
Recap Mirror Affirmations:
- Stand in front of the mirror.
- Adopt confident physiology (shoulders back, head up, stomach tucked in).
- Deliver affirmations to yourself in the mirror, using “you” instead of “I” statements.